Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Twilight Graphic Novel by Stephenie Meyer My Thoughts

On March 16, 2010 Stephenie Meyer's new release Twilight Graphic Novel will be released in bookstores. It is an illustrated journey into the world of Twilight. I saw a preview of the illustrations in the recent issue of Entertainment Weekly, and being an avid Twilight fan, and after seeing the movies its a bit hard to see it in my opinion - comic book form.  Plus the  illustrations of Bella, Edward and Jacob is not our beloved Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner which all Twilight fans who have followed the movies and books, see in there head whenever we think of the characters.

I believe that for twilight fans who like something like comic books will rush out and buy it, but it's just not my thing. The illustrations are beautifully done and the depictions of Edward and Jacob, as vampire and werewolf are indeed something to see visually and are well done. But for me I wasn't overly impressed. Now release stills , photos from the actual Twilight movies, step by step in story format with Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson it would be the first on my list to go and buy it since I loved everything about the movie and the scenes. To me they are the characters not drawings in a book. But of course this is just one Twilight Fans opinion.

With the $10 price tag I am sure it will be in the Top 10 Bestsellers List as soon as it hits bookstore shelves.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment